Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another F U N day of Play!!! Thanks Ann Cardile & Deb Segler

 Howdy & Welcome!
Monday February 28, my sweetheart of a gal pal, Deb Segler popped over and picked me up once again for another morning of crazy good fun with her and our long missed gal friend, Ann Cardile. Ann had a cardmaking class scheduled and we just sort of invited ourselves. We've been missing Ann something fierce! So it was prime time to get some hugs and pick Missy Ann's brain for some cardmaking tips and techniques. We had a real blast and met some new Stampin' Up! gals.
Now on to what Missy Ann taught us. These cards were both created with the new Bring on the Cake double set (Wood Mount #121899 or Clear #121958). WOW is this set ever versatile and you get 13 stamps!!! You can order this set from the Mini Catalog but hurry this campaigne ends April 30, 2011.
For the card on the left we used Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink and Very Vanilla cardstock. We embossed the Pretty in Pink cs with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (#117335). Then we stamped the Create a Cupcake (Wood Mount #121915 or Clear #121982) in Chocolate Chip. Then we used Build a Cupcake Punch (#121807) and punched our cupcake from the embossed Pretty in Pink and Very Vanilla. Added our ribbon and a little Basic Rhinestone (#119246).

For this more masculine looking card we used the same set of stamps and added some decorative papers
 Then Missy Ann gave us a treat!!!
She taught us how to create this little GEM!
This is a bookmark. It was created using the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die (#121812) in the Mini Catalog. First using the Big Shot we cut out the flower petals using the die. Then with Dimensionals we layered the petals and the spacers to create the flower. Then with a little of Linen Thread (#104199) and one of the Trinket Key charms (#121892) and a button we embellished the flower and added a tag that reads 'for you'. Isn't it just "to die for"! The grosgrain ribbon serves as the page marker. Thanks Missy Ann!
After a very creative morning, Deb and I went to lunch at Imperial Garden and Grill and enjoyed some Cashew Chicken with Snow Peas and tea. When we were completely stuffed we headed to my house where we chatted for a few then got right back into the creating mode.

Now if you are familiar with PaperCraftsMag.com magazine - then check out page 47 in the March/April 2011 issue and you may recognize my card below. I used 6x6 papers to create my card whereas in the mag. they used 12 x 12. So this card was created using some dps from Pink Paislee but the stamps and cardstock are from Stampin' Up! The sentiment is from the retired set Bloomin' Beautiful stamped in Early Espresso ink. Then the little flourish stamped in Crumb Cake ink is from Wings of Friendship set.
Then if you check out the cover of your Stampin' Up! 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog you'll see a card made using the Top Note die. Deb has been eyeballing this card and drooling over it so we had to try to make something similar. I got my Top Note portion together and cut but I still haven't completed my card. I did, still, want to share this with you. I first cut the Top Note out of a piece of scrap cardstock. Then Deb cut the strips of dps and using double sided tape I layered them onto my cs. Then I ran it back through with the Top Note die. Voila! I love this!!! Deb was over the moon with hers!
Now I just wanted to share this photo of my handsome boy, Seamus. He's standing outside our messy garage waiting for hubs, Mike to open up the back of the VW Routan and his crate gate so we can go for a ride.  
I sure hope you all have a wonderfully Blessed day and that you find some time to do the things you dearly love and enjoy.
TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty aka ZacksNana
Betty Stamps TX

No comments:

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O