Saturday, February 9, 2013

Butterfly Effect_Swallowtails

Today I want to introduce you to the Swallowtail Stamp from Stampin' Up! W129213

From the moment I saw this stamp in the catalog I knew I just had to have it!
So I am going to talk to you today about how I created each of the following butterflies. Please bare with me, I have a new camera and I am still trying to learn how to get the best shots. 
The first image below is of two different colored butterflies. 
The butterfly on the left was stamped in Basic Black and colored with my Stampin' Up! Markers in Island Indigo, Marina Mist and Pool Party. Then I went back and highlighted some of the details with a blue glitter gel pen. The butterfly on the right was stamped the same way but I used Pumpkin Pie and Summer Starfruit markers. hit the details with a gold glitter gel pen. There bodies were colored green and hit with a yellow green glitter gel pen.


The butterfly below was stamped in Archiver's Jet Black Ink on glossy white paper. I colored this one with Markers as well. I tried to use my blender pen but I let the ink sit too long on the glossy paper and I could not move it around the way I would have liked to. So I used Frost White Shimmer Paint with a wet paint brush and covered the entire butterfly.  


This butterfly was stamped with Versa Mark ink. I have mixed together copper, Wild Wasabi and Silver ep. and heat embossed my butterfly. Then I used Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie ink on daubers and smooshed the ink around. 



 Finally for this butterfly I used the same ep mixture and heat embossed. Then I smooshed, Pretty In Pink, Pink Passion and Ballet Blue ink around.
I hope you gain some inspiration from my creations. I'd love to see what you do with the Swallowtail

Special Thanks to Sandy MacIver for inspiring me.

TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty J Schaub
www.bettystampstx.stampinup.net
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Lisa Atha said...

I wasn't too sure about this one when I first saw it, now after everything I have seen made with it, I am thinking about it more. Love your samples, very pretty!!!

Hugs, Lisa

loz said...

Thease are Stunning Betty.. Beautiful colors..Loz

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O