Saturday, November 7, 2015

FMS211

Freshly Made Sketch #211


Boy have I felt like creating today! 
Recently on my FaceBook page I let it be known that I was looking for old sheet music. Fortunately I have a friend back home in Lousiana, Kathy Grimball Primeaux. She's a sweetie and has been very generous to me. She packed up a load of old sheet music with some old newspapers from the 60s and shipped them to me. It was HEAVY yall! Shipping was $11.30! But I've had fun looking through it all. Some music I recognized. Most I did not. But all in all I found some treasures. This music, from a church music book, was one of them.
It was already torn and brown on the edges. So I just took it a little bit further with some Tim Holtz distress inks. The embellies are from Maggie Holmes. I so felt the sentiment went with the song title.

I hope this day is a blessing to all reading.

Here's the sketch from Freshly Made and the link is HERE.



TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty J Schaub

3 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Betty I love your wreath the key and all element on this card
that BG paper is awesome too
great using that sketch too
how are you Betty
hope you are healthy my friend
hugs
Monika

Kim S said...

How absolutely perfect to use that particular sheet music behind a "love this day" sentiment!! Beautiful,rich colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Karren said...

Beautiful card! The sheet music is a wonderful touch and all the elements work so well together. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O