Saturday, February 6, 2010

PCP Cuttlebug-ers#59 - Crayon Resist


Welcome to the 59th PCP Cuttlebug-ers Challenge. Today I have chosen the crayon resist technique. You can see a tutorial on how this technique is accomplished on Mel Stampz blog.
I used the Victoria embossing folder and a metallic gold crayon. I embossed the white cardstock, then I rubbed the crayon all over the raised areas. Then I used my ColorBox Cat's Eyes in heliotrope and lime. I smudged them all over the raised areas. Once I accomplished the color pattern I wanted I went back with a soft cloth and wiped away excess ink. Then I took my heat gun and heated the crayon (not too long), just so it melts a little and leaves a nice glossy sheen. Then I used the same inks and stamped my flowers. I used the same inks to smudge the white cardstock behind my flowers and rubbed the heliotrope on the edges. I punched half of the 1" circle from the image cardstock. I punched a circle with my 1" circle punch. Then I edged it with purple and added my rub-on. Then I punched several more of the circles and layered them to raise my sentiment. Lastly I added the purple checked ribbon and little purple heart brads.

For my card I used the sketch at Taylored Expressions.
TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty aka ZacksNana

3 comments:

Aussieleigh said...

Thanks for sharing such a great technique! Brilliant effect!

loz said...

Sooo georgeous Betty. Loz

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning!!! What incredible colour. SO funky & fabulous. Yellow is all the rage right now. :o) Love hte sentiments on the petals! Thanks SOOoooooh much Betty for giving new life to the crayon resist. Hugs, :o) mel

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O