Saturday, April 10, 2010

Family - CSCC74 - UP

Family: a unit that equals the loving sum of all parts. - Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #74 the Disney Animated Pixar Movie UP. Children love this movie and the adults really embrace the heartfelt themes of life and love that are beautifully brought out in this movie! If you haven't seen it yet - you must - the animation, humor and sweetness will touch your hearts!
The challenge requirement this week is to use some balloons in your creation, which is INSPIRED by the movie (balloons usually mean birthdays - but it doesn't have to!). For me this movie represents family, a unit that equals the loving sum of all it's parts. You see; Carl, Russell, Dug and yes even Steve and her little ones are a family. They are a loving unit the sum of all their individual parts which make up a family. This version of "family" is all around us. Have you ever sat on a park bench and just watched the people all around you? Notice a families make-up; most are mother-father-child. Some are father-father-child or mother-mother-child. And some are even mother-child or father-child. Some are AfricanAmerican, AsiaAmerican and so on and so forth. It is so obvious that age, race, nationality - none of this matters. When it comes to family - it's makeup is simply - the loving sum of all it's parts. If you haven't seen UP please rent it TODAY! You'll LOVE it!

DEETS:
I brayered my white cardstock in 3 varied shades of blue. Then I masked off parts of my sky and pounced in some white ink to make my clouds. I ballons are stamps from There She Goes. I colored them with my Stampin' Up! markers and then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I punched the fence with my Martha Stewart fence border punch (Carl & Ellie's yard was fenced with a picket fence). The sentiment is a sticker from Making Memories.
TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty aka ZacksNana

7 comments:

Nancy K said...

This is so pretty and sweet! Love the picket fence...Martha has some great border punches.
Your card makes me feel like I'm sitting on Carl & Ellie's porch.
Great job!

Tethered2Home said...

I love this--especially the sentiment!

Maureen said...

gorgeous! Love your inspiration and sentiment...so true...a family is where your heart is :)

♥Jan♥ said...

Your sky is so beautiful, and real. Gorgeous color !!!! I keep thinking I need to try brayering, your sky ought to push me to do just that ! (I loved this movie too, it is my 2 year old grandson's favorite.)

Shaz said...

Great card with a beautiful sentiment. I love people watching!

Juli Smith, said...

This lovely!

Brooke S said...

Betty~
I love your card... The little picket fence is such a sweet addition... Great layout.. And Great Sentiment..

HUGS
BROOKE

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O