Tuesday, April 2, 2013

From Punch to Emboss

Hi there!

Since I've been down with my back my creative wheels have been spinning but not much is happening. So tonight I decided to make something that I could sit anywhere and create as long as I have cs, a punch and my Big Shot I can do it!!!


First I chose the punch I wanted to use along with the cs. Since I was in the mind of a sympathy card I chose Crumb Cake. I cut one piece of 8.5x11 inch cs. down to 4.125x11 inches. With the other half of my cs I cut a piece at 3.75x5 inches. 
The smaller piece is what I used as my focal point. Out of scrap cs (color doesn't matter as you will not be able to see it when the card is completed) I began with punching 2 of the birds and 2 of the birds wings.
Then I punched 6 of the branches.
I arranged the pieces on the cs in a design that was pleasing to the eye. Then I adhered them down with my snail adhesives. Then I flipped up the first tab on my platform, placed that piece of cs face (punched pieces ) down in my Big Shot with a rubber matte on top then both of my plates. I ran it through the machine a few times. When I removed it from the machine I had a perfectly embossed bird sitting on my branches.
You can see the finished project below. To make my card blank I simply slipped my cs into my Wood EF and ran it through my machine. I attached the smaller focal piece to my blank with dimensional adhesives, only after stamping my sentiment in Early Espresso.

TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty J Schaub

1 comment:

loz said...

This is Beautiful Betty..Lovely embossing..Loz

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O