Thursday, October 26, 2017

Getting Christmas Cards Underway

Below is a little assortment of Christmas cards I have been working on for this 2017 Christmas season.

#1 - Watercolor - This scene was created on a piece of 3 3/4" X 5" Strathmore Cold Press watercolor paper. I taped the watercolor paper down to my work station. A 1" wide paint brush and clear water brushed liberally across the piece of card. Then I used my Kuretake paints mixing blue and purple trying to get a varying grade of purples. Then I masked off and brushed on a little darker shade. I used my heat tool to dry the paint. Then I masked off and stamped the trees from SU! set Wonderland. I used the snowflake stamp from the same set to stamp in Whisper White. The lovely black deer die cut is from Elizabeth Craft Designs set 1408 - Reindeer. One I was happy with all of that I used Windsor & Newton Iredescent Medium painted over the entire surface. When that dried I used my Marvy Snow Marker to dot snow on the trees. I mounted the scene on black cs and mounted the black on a white card base. This one was done!

#2 - I saw this card demoed on Youtube, but as usual I can not remember who the creator is. So I am going to just tell you how I made mine.
Firstly the card base is Always Artichoke from SU!
The desinger paper is from Carta Bella's Christmas Time by Carina Gardner. The red glitter paper is from Recollections. The poinsettia die cuts are from my stash ( I added Stickles for the holly berries).


Below is what led me to create this card. I just love making something out of the box. This card is an accordian fold card. I used various stamps and stickers to decorate the little 2" x 2" squares. 

 #3 - This one was created using a SU! die. This one is an oldie but goodie. This card had a base of Craft cs. The background cs - is Stampin' Up! Year of Cheer that I used Ranger distress ink that I sponged on ( Evergreen Bough & Twisted Citron). The Warmth & Cheer dsp is from a Stampin' Up! paper pad. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! stamp set Christmas Quilt. The die cut is from Spellbinders. I added little stitch marks with my White Signo Gel Pen.

Come back often to check for newly created Christmas cards.
TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty J Schaub

No comments:

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O