Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Brayer Challenge!!!! - JFF

Hello!
Today I am going to offer you a challenge. Do you own a brayer? Don't know what to use it for? Well, I will show  you in this little "talk you though it" tutorial.
Below is my card.
Here's the deets:
Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
Stamps: Fresh Cuts, Whimiscal Words
Inks: Basic Black, Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay
Stampin' Up Accessories: Build a Bird 2 Step Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Two - Way Glue, Dimensional Adhesives, finger daubers
Tutorial:
Cut one piece of Whisper White cardstock 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" square.
Cut one piece of Basic Black cardstock 4 7/8" x 4 7/8" square.
Cut one piece of Whister White 5" x 11" and fold in half. Finished card will be 5" x 5".

1.In the Center of the 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" piece of Whisper White you will stamp the Fresh Cuts stamp in Basic Black and heat emboss with cleat embossing powder.
2. With a fresh finger dauber you will rub on the Bermuda Bay ink pad and then rub off on your embossed cardstock. Add as little or as much as you like. I went a little heavier around the edges and lighter in the center. Then heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
3. Open your Dusty Durango ink pad and ink up your brayer.
Brayer Dusty Durange from the upper right hand corner to the lower left hand corner on the diagonal. I slightly turned my cardstock so the corners were pointing north and south. TIP* once you start across the paper don't stop until your brayer runs out of ink.
4. Turn your cardstock to the right 2 times so the the opposite ends are pointing north and south. Ink up your brayer and apply to the cardstock. Continue until all ink is gone from your brayer. Look at your piece. Are you happy with the coverage? If not, repeat steps #3 & #4.
5. Take your Build a Bird punch and punch one bird and one wing.
Daube on some Bermuda Bay and Dusty Durango. Daube Dusty Durango to the wing. Adhere the wing with a dimensional adhesive. Set aside.
6. With the Build a Bird punch, punch 20 of the branches in Whisper White. With 2 way adhesive attach the branches to the cardstock to frame the image. Add your little bird with another dimensional adhesive.
7. Stamp the "Thoughts" sentiment with Basic Black on Whisper White cardstock. Daube Bermuda Bay. Then punch the sentiment out with the Decorative Label Punch, punching as close to the right side of the words as possible. This way you will have the excess to score and fold under. Daube Dusty Durango around the edges. Set is aside.
8. Attach your brayered image to the Basic Black square.
9. Attach the little bird to the brayered image.
10. Attach the sentiment with dimensional adhesives.
11. Attach the entire piece to your card base.
You're Done!!!

Now here's the challenge: Pull your brayer out of the drawer or packaging and dust it off and get to brayering. If you create a project using your brayer link it up to me and come back and add a DIRECT link in your comment.
I'll go visit and check out your project (because I am anxious to see what you create).
On Friday I will pick from the entries and I will give away a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW Stampin' Up! set.
Thanks so much for your interest and your comments. They help me trendously to keep on creating. I sure hope you liked my "talk you through it" tutorial. I am still not too good with the video thing yet. Besides, I mostly create by the seat of my pants so setting up the camera in advance doesn't always work out for me.

If you have any questions about the products used in this card creation please feel free to post them in your comments
.
Have a wonderful and I hope you get to brayering!
T%dles Peeps!
Betty aka ZacksNana
Betty Stamps TX

1 comment:

Tinkerbellgirl said...

Hey looks a good a Michelle's!!! Thanks for all of the tips. My stampinup order from you just arrived at my door! I was so excited to get all of my goodies and I got my brayer so I could do this too!

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O