Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Old Fashioned Christmas - ICS113 & CCC22

Old Fashioned Christmas - I posted this card to 2 challenges - Inspirational Card Sketches #113 and Christmas Card Challenge #22. I must say, the troop at ICS sure did give me a challenge this week! This sketch, although it creates a beautiful pattern it is a challenge to cut all the pieces to fit. Still it was F U N! The Christmas Card Challenge was to use metal. I think I took a little artistic license with this one in that my "ribbon" accents are gold and I used a gold ink on the bells in my main image. I just wanted to say, that beautiful ribbon rose at the bottom right hand corner was HANDMADE by ME!!! I am so proud of that little accent. My SU pal, Deb Segler and I went to a SU retreat this past weekend and Amy (her last name excapes me ATM) showed us how to make these. She only showed us one time and today I made my first one!
Hope you enjoy my card and I hope the CCC folks can appreciate my take on the "metal" challenge. :O)

TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty aka ZacksNana
Betty Stamps TX (SHOP)

8 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

OH my heavens Betty what a stunning card. Love it. Thank you for playing along at ICS. Dawn♥

Susie Little said...

Oooh Betty I love all the ribbon. Gorgeous! Thank you for Joing us at ICS!xx

AN said...

Hieno teos -kiitos osallistumisesta ICS-haasteeseen tällä viikolla ja onnea arvontaan
aurinkoa päivääsi!

Debs said...

Gorgeous card, pleased you enjoyed the sketch and yor flower is amazing, thanks for sharing at ICS ( perhaps you could do a tutorial on the flower)
Hugs Debs

Nicola said...

This has the wow factor big time. I love it. Now are you starting early creating your christmas... Many thanks for sharing with us at ICS. Nicola xx

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely, the big flower is just wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Am I allowed to stash this idea away? Its a fantastic Christmas card!

Thanks for playing along with ICS!

www.polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O