Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blake's High School Graduation - brayer scene

My hub's cousin's oldest is graduating this month. We have watched Blake grow from the nine months in his mom's tummy to a handsome 18 year old man. Now it is time for Blake to graduate high school and go on to college. He has varied interests; music, girls, his truck, girls, playing guitar and oh did I mention GIRLS??? Well, it's no wonder. He plays guitar and sings. What girl wouldn't swoon? Anyhoo, here is the card I made for Blake. I brayered the background with SU ballet blue (sky), mellow moss (ground) and then I masked off the road spot and added creamy caramel. I have a little tiny grass stamp from a Hanna Stamps set and I just inked it up with the mellow moss and stamped all over the ground. Then I went over it with my black Copic marker. I inked it again with creamy caramel and stamped it in an upward line on the road to make ruts. The truck is a stamp from Deadbeat Designs. I stamped it and colored with Copics and Permapaque' Markers. It was too big so I scanned it, resized and printed in a much smaller size. I added white Signo gel ink to the bumper, tail lights and mirrors. My trees are also a stamp from Deadbeat Designs. I used my aqua painter with mellow moss to color my trees. Stamped Congratulations in ballet blue (stamp is from SU!). Lastly, I added some Signo white gel to the sky.

Inside sentiment:
Blake,
If you ever wonder whether you have
what it takes to succeed,
just remember this moment...
and all the love and pride that surround you
as you graduate.
Congratulations, Let the Journey Begin!

TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty aka ZacksNan

No comments:

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O